Ad2

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Fish Tacos? Eeuwww...er...uh...pretty good

Wall art at Fresh on the Fly
The ladies were hungry and I'd still never had a fish taco, so we paid another visit to Fresh on the Fly in Lake Mary.

Mom wanted fried shrimp but that only comes in a Po' Boy Sandwich, so she got the Po' Boy without the sandwich.  Her rating: the best fried shrimp in my life!  She's been eating them for over 80 years, so that opinion deserves some respect.

Wife had the same and called it good but the breading had a little too much black pepper for her taste.  (Full disclosure: she and pepper are not close friends.)

Fish Tacos with Red Beans & Rice
The fish tacos were surprisingly good, though the Spicy Pineapple Salsa, while tasty, was quite tame for me.  Pepper and I are best buds.  Next time I'll opt for the blackened fish instead of fried.  The real star of my order was the Red Beans and Rice, worth a trip on it's own.

Coconut Creme Bar
I like their desserts.  Rather than seeing how much sweet stuff you can cram down after your meal, they give you just  the right amount to top it off.  We split Key Lime Pie and a Coconut  Bar.  The pie was better than most I've had,  just a tangy filling and crust with a hint of topping.  If you do need a finish with some substance, the coconut bar is good.  Sort of a heavy cheesecake with freshly whipped cream.

Mom has gone home, now, so we'll have to find another excuse to eat here.   Red beans and rice sounds good for lunch tomorrow.

Fresh on the Fly on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment